Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Anna's Day

[Editor's Note: Click here to read about why Anna got a necklace]

"Gold Hearted" experience.....

First off I want to tell my sister-in-law Brandy how much I love her. I too remember that first Christmas when she spent the night very well. I actually think about that almost every Christmas. I really am thankful for her in my life. She has been a good example to me of what it means to be steady, loving and enduring. And she makes the best brownies ever! I don't often enough tell her that I love her and how grateful I am for her in my life. I love you Brandy.

I couldn't decide when to wear the necklace. I had thought about it for a good two weeks. Should I pick a day that I knew was going to be hard, special or just randomly pick a day and put it on. I decided to be random and put it on one day over a pink shirt I was wearing. It was just the right touch for my outfit and my heart that day.

It seems like I have filled my life up with busy things at the moment and so life can be a little hairy for me at times. I have kept the heart necklace for almost a month now and I have picked someone to hand it off to. Before I tell you who it is though, I want to tell you how I am grateful for strong women. For the past month I have thought about all of the women in my life who have touched and strengthened me. When I wore my necklace I found myself walking a little taller as if I was filled with more determination to make it a good day.

Remembrance, I think is what I gained from this experience. Remembering that there are good women all around and to try to make my days a little better because of their examples.

No comments:

Post a Comment